Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not? (not a question just a comment and now with bonus 'edit')

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not? (not a question just a comment and now with bonus 'edit')

[color=blue]Hi.

I thought I would say how great it was to download and upgrade to 9.04. I usually get a disk and normally have a few minor issues (as some of you know). This upgrade left me with no problems at all and even better I did not have to download the 'flgrx' ATI video driver as this time the monitor works great using the default driver (I assume). Great work.

Point of interest - there was a radio slot here in the UK a couple of days ago about something called Windoze 7. The discussion was about what was best: Windoze or Mac. Linux got a late mention which is real shame as it beats the socks off Bill's brainchild and it accommodated all the arguments being put forward on behalf of the other two OS's! I'll get to the phone quicker next time theis subject comes up.

Cheers now.

EDIT 25/10: And I've just discovered that the 'cube' etc effects work! Never happened before so with the requirement no longer to faff about with 'flgrx' this version just hums.
    Celeron CPU G1610@2.60GHz x 2
    GeForce 8400 GS/PCle/SSE2
    Kubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit Linux - KDE 4.13.0

Re: Why not? (not a question just a comment.)

Originally posted by leadwt
    [color=blue] I'll get to the phone quicker next time theis subject comes up.

Cheers now.
    Hi! Please do, we need a lot more visibility. There are dozens millions of Linux users, but we are still being ignored by the media.

Hey, wait until you try Karmic, it will knock your socks off!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    X