This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kubuntu netbook

Yes, I found many little weird things like this, so I just installed regular kubuntu for now (Karmic). Will most likely use the netbook shell in 10.04

Comment

Re: Kubuntu netbook

When administrators started this topic with my post, they brought my description of the state of my netbook in Jaunty.
      Now I upgraded to Karmic with the standard ISO again and here are the results:
      - The only issue in Jaunty with internal microphone diappeared and no new big issues with an operating system occurred so I can recommend Karmic for using with this netbook.
      - It is pretty fast even with desktop effects on, so I feel no need to use some netbook version in the future.
      - Immediately after installation during restart I ended up with a black screen after Grub. I think it is a joke of programmers to scary newbies. It is necessary to press button to switch off and start computer again.
      - I found plasma a little more buggy then before, but I can live with it. For example I cannot permanently change size of the Battery Monitor Widget and Lancelot part had black font on black backround after switching theme from Air to Oxygen. I wondered where are the texts next to icons for a while. It was necessary to restart Oxygen.
      - I personally have more problems with new versions of my favourite programs like VLC (no USB sound) or Kaffeine (removed subtitles support)

I don't think that together with the software I can use on it it is the best version ever and I don't agree that Kubuntu will be still better until KDE 5, but I am glad it is not worse.
      Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
      X