X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AARGH!!! no offense!

fact for me: OS stable
    personal preference: hate dolphin as the default filebrowser. (don't know how to cleanly remove it and use konquerer as default.
    personal preference: kde 3.5ish, plasma (IMO)blows I'm used to the old interface and have minimal control of my system due to the still alien and minimal option interface. (need a repo to "downgrade" to preferred ui)
    reason for trying and using kubuntu: didn't want to have to reconfigure opensuse and would go back to PCLOS if they had a 64bit OS(if I had a million $ half would go to them)

I have used kde4 for about 8 months in opensuse and now in kubuntu. My angst grows a little each day.

Suggestion: please have a kde3.5 option readily visible(link to a repo or torrent accessible remaster)

Re: AARGH!!! no offense!

Originally posted by Dimplewidget
    personal preference: hate dolphin as the default filebrowser. (don't know how to cleanly remove it and use konquerer as default.
    I don't believe it is possible to completely remove Dolphin. But you CAN set it up to use Konqueror as the default file manager
    System Settings -> Advanced -> File Associations -> inode -> directory
    In "Application Preference Order" move Konqueror above Dolphin
    Click Apply

Comment

I know there was a 3.5 available for Jaunty. You should find it searching this forum.

Comment

KubuntuKde3Jaunty

A semi-official remix of Jaunty Jackalope has been created with only KDE3.5 installed, for the convenience of users who are not quite ready to take the jump to KDE4.x.
        Attempt/use at your own risk.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My recommendation is to go to Debian stable if you want KDE3. Chances are that KDE3 will eventually stop working on distros that keep moving forward with other parts of the system, since there aren't any more updates expected on KDE3.

With Debian Lenny (5.0.3 released on Sept. 5th, 2009) you'll have the last KDE3 (3.5.10) and it will be supported for a good while.

Comment

You could also try linuxmint6 kde version:
            http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=37

AFaIK it is still kde3.5.10
            HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
              You could also try linuxmint6 kde version:
              http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=37

AFaIK it is still kde3.5.10
              Looks like KDE4: http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_felicia_kde.php
              (it's based on Intrepid Ibex, which is a KDE4 release)

Comment

Ah, okay my bad. Then Linuxmint 5 kde version:
                http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=28
                HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                4 GB Ram
                Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I second Kubicle. Debian==very stable. It also has a large user base, in case you run into troubles.

If you'd like KDE, keep in mind KDE3 will die eventually, so you may want to start playing a bit with KDE4, or simply look for a different DE (LXDE? XFCE? Gnome? Enlightenment? Fluxbox?)

Enjoy the journey whatever you do

Comment

Working...
                  X