This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Systemax

Has anyone else here had good experiences with Systemax rigs? I was just wondering if my experience was a 1 off because. This little beauty I bought only cost me $300.00, it was NO/OS from tigerdirect. I've installed Kubuntu, Ubunutu & Vista Ultimate on it and it's ran them all wonderfully. Both *buntus are great out of the box on this thing. My other computer is a quadcore with 2 gigs of ram and I would have to say this thing matches it with speed.

Anybody else have any experience with a systemax rig?

Angel
    Systemax PC<br />CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400<br />RAM: 3 GB DDR2 800 (PC2-6400)<br />Display: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS<br />Kubuntu 9.10

Re: Systemax

Hi,
    I have a six yr old Sony Vaio desktop which is still running good so far. But I'm thinking about getting
    a new desktop. I heard a lot of great feedback about Systemax and I 'd like to get one. What type of motherboard do you have on your Systemax? (e.g. Socket 775 etc...)

Thanks,
    Al ;-)
    Sony Vaio Desktop<br />P4 2.4Ghz / MOBO Socket 478<br />1Gb DDR<br />Nvidia GeForce FX 5500<br />Kubuntu 9.04 (JJ)

Comment

Re: Systemax

Hi roblate

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz socket AM2 processor running on an MSI K9N6SGM-V motherboard with on board NVIDIA GeForce 6100 graphics. I did add an PNY Nvidia Geforce 7600GS 512 mb to it.

Tigerdirect, has some nice deals on systemax no/os systems so if your in the market to get one I suggest looking over there. This is the 2nd rig I have purchased from them, not to mention various other odds and ends and the service has always been good.
      Systemax PC<br />CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 4400<br />RAM: 3 GB DDR2 800 (PC2-6400)<br />Display: Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS<br />Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
      X