Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your screen name say about you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What does your screen name say about you?

I've still got a massive tub of Marmite, 20 cans of Morrison's baked beans, only 420 tea bags, so I'm OK on that front. Sadly lacking: mustard powder, decent hot pepper sauce (and I could get some more beans while I'm at it).

Anyway, this has precious little to do with my screen name, according to which I shouldn't ingest any of those things.

As for dibls, I honestly don't know what they thrive on... Nearly one o'clock - it was fun but I'm tired... Sleep well!
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

My brother, doing business in Russia, learned from a friend there another version of "chili." Basically, simply, take a good Texan chili (with beans and meat and red chili powder) and add cabbage. Diced potatoes optional. If you like cabbage soup but want a meatier flare to it, it's really good. (My version of cabbage soup is simpler: cabbage, tomatoes, garlic, onions, and .... Yep, green New Mexico Chile.)
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

As to the Chili, the dish, my favorate is Cincinnati brown, it is a greek influenced dish with cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder and some other goodies. Try it youll like it. usualy after 3 tries your hooked

Comment

Kubuntut I came up with because my usual method of thinking up a username didn't work. What I normally do is take something and add "-fan" to the end. Hence I would have come up with ""Kubuntufan". But naturally that was taken :P So I tried some other things and came up with Kubuntut! Maybe it's not witty or anything but I like it.

Usually I go by LinksFan or Purplemontart (both would take too long to explain) but I thought I would go with something different.
          Kubuntut, Lord of Getting Everything Wrong.<br /><br />Excuse my n00bness!

Comment

tafi, just plain and simple t=Tommi, a=Ahokas, fi=FInland (in Eurup)
            It's old worker ID in SAP, I just left out number 5337, which U can still find from our local Internet Auction
            www.huuto.net/fi
            See here 1st.https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...Qs-amp-Answers

Comment

Reflects the fact that I live in a Northern climate where snow is the norm, and that I am a Harley motorcycle enthusiast and life member of the Harley Owners Group (HOG), thus, Snowhog.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My name to anyone who knows me is a warning I'll do something random. I'm a pretty random guy. Most people see me as a fool with my online names.

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead67
                  As to the Chili, the dish, my favorate is Cincinnati brown, it is a greek influenced dish with cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder and some other goodies. Try it youll like it. usualy after 3 tries your hooked
                  I like it (as well as the original Southwest style), but I kinda moved on to the cheese coneys, made with the same Cincinnati-style chili. I think I would actually suffer withdrawal symptoms if I couldn't have a 3 cheese coney lunch at least once a week.

p.s. you forgot the allspice, that's what gives it an especially unique flavor. And yes, I do have the recipe.

Comment

My screen name says that I am a person, as well as a man.

Pretty generic sounding name eh? Apparently had a brain fart on originality that day.

Or, I could be the lamest super-hero ever....Personman!...He's as fast as a person...As strong as a person...and able to leap tall buildings...at least as well as a person...

-Andy

"No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker." - Mikhail Bakunin

Comment

Juul means wheel or christmas. It was my father's last name and it has a long history in my family. Ole is just something my parents chose and I decided to keep it.

I like some of the names that other people use here. However, for me to use my real name makes more sense to me - and it keeps me honest.

Comment

This is a great thread. Took me a while to see it. Some of you guys are making me feel young. I had to register for the draft but it was really all done by then. I did get in on Fortran though.

My name is from my favorite pass time, hacking away at my mandolin, whether anyone wants to hear it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Juul

It was my father's last name and it has a long history in my family.

Comment

It says there are way too damn many people using 'wizard' as a nick. I've been using it since 1993.

we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                            -- anais nin

Comment

my 5 year old helped with mine, here I sit with 3 monitors ( some day I should upgrade to flat panel lcds and duel or quad cores nah my old hardware still does what I need it to) two keyboards and 3 cpu in front of me. I also have done ssb moving down the road on 14 and 18 wheels try to keep it locked in like that is quite a challenge but it was fun.
                              Not old enough for the draft but Uncle Sam did teach me how to march and stop a bullet and march.

my first computer was a commodore 64, I have moved up a little p4's
                              I tinker on just about everything I must know how it works and if I can make it work better.
                              <br />[img width=200 height=120]http://photo.tazgeers.com/lMy_linux.png[/img]<br /> <br />Intel P4 @ 1.8GHZ<br />1 GB Ram | 2560x1024 Resolution on twinview<br />Nvidia Geforce4 mx440 agp8x Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10 w/KDE 4.3.1<br />

Comment

Well mine is a long and complicated name that has secret meanings and hidden characters that are nothing to do with my er..name Andy Bleaden

Should have invented another one perhaps
                                Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Working...
                                X