Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your screen name say about you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What does your screen name say about you?

My original alias was Bandit for many years due to my love of trans ams and total disregard for the police and highway patrol. But its one that seems to be used by everyone nowadays. So a few years back and after a long search I came up with Exodist. It seemed to fit me better. I am ex-US Navy, served in the middle east due to command detachments and feel like I have been through hell in the name of my country. Combine that with my usage of Linux since about 1998 and being tech savy with electronics. The name sorta fit.

- Exo
    Kubuntu 10.10 - 64bit<br />AMD Phenom 9850 (2.5GHz Quad Core)<br />4GB DDR2-800 (Dual Channel)<br />NVidia GTX460<br />WD Caviar Blue HDDs (4x 320GB, RAID0)

Comment

I've had the nickname fini almost my entire life including hockey, grad school, high school, undergrad, grad school. And it's just the first four letters of my last name. Only a handful of people actually use my first name. The fly comes from my engineering discipline: aerospace. Thus finifly (or fini_fly on other forums).
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It&#39;s what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

I am a rather avid racing fan. My nick can be broken down into three parts: monte for Monte Carlo, 48 for 48, lowes for Lowe's. I have been a Jimmie Johnson fan since his first race in October 2001. I have used this nick all over. Nothing else special about it.

Thanks to all who served before I was born.

Mike
        http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Good to see you around again, Mike! --Mike
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I "play" Progress Quest", when I first heard about it it meshed with my goofy sense of humor, and one of the classes is "Bastard Lunatic", which again meshed with my sense of humor, so I turned it into my screen name here! I admit that I'm a little "off", in a good way of course! I've developed a pretty strange sense of humor as a way of dealing with life.
            &quot;The Geeks shall inherit the Earth&quot;<br /><br />Linus 5:5

Comment

lcorken ? My name is Ken and I live in Lincoln City, Oregon (LCOR). Seems
              rather lame every time I look at it. Oh well.

Some of you folks are almost as old as I am. Some fellow vets and some who
              lucked out.
              In 1966 I received a draft notice. I couldn't see myself sloshing
              threw the jungle shooting and getting shot at so I dodged the draft by enlisting
              in the US Air Force. They taught me how to fix aircraft radios. So I served 4
              years instead of 2. Not sure of the wisdom of that.

My first computer was a Heathkit. 8 bit Intel 8088. H DOS (MS DOS).

Ken
              Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Originally posted by lcorken
                lcorken ? My name is Ken and I live in Lincoln City, Oregon (LCOR). Seems
                rather lame every time I look at it. Oh well.

Some of you folks are almost as old as I am. Some fellow vets and some who
                lucked out.
                In 1966 I received a draft notice. I couldn't see myself sloshing
                threw the jungle shooting and getting shot at so I dodged the draft by enlisting
                in the US Air Force. They taught me how to fix aircraft radios. So I served 4
                years instead of 2. Not sure of the wisdom of that.

My first computer was a Heathkit. 8 bit Intel 8088. H DOS (MS DOS).

Ken

My Step-Dad did the same thing Ken, lol. He didn't get a draft notice though, he figured he'd get one anyway, so he beat them to it and enlisted. He figured that he would rather enlist on his own rather than them telling him he was going to whether he liked it or not (Nobody tells HIM what to do! LOL..except for Mother and myself of course, lol) Also was in the USAF, though I can't remember exactly what he did or where he was, he's told me but I've forgotten.

He isn't sure in retrospect of the wisdom of what he did either, lol.

For all that serve and have served in the military though, thank you!
                &quot;The Geeks shall inherit the Earth&quot;<br /><br />Linus 5:5

Comment

Hm, gnuoykun came after a lot of thinking really. My first email was my first and last names, but it wasn't really 'till a few years later that I came up with gnuoy.

'gnuoy' is a mirrored 'young', and my name, Giovani, is pronounced like 'young' in itallian. And since I'm descendent from itallians it makes sense for me ^^
                  The 'kun' was added later to discern my love for animes and to make it more unique too, there are a couple of 'gnuoy's already out there o-o

I've been using this nick or a few years now, and don't think I'll change it too soon ^^

Comment

ummmmmmmmmmmm

I dunno - i just thought this name up one day and now it has been with me for a decade

Comment

mine is my ham radio callsign.

quite simple, nothing special
                      Kubuntu 9.10 with KDE 3.5 and love it

Comment

Whiskey Two India Bravo Charlie !!
                        http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

I really don't have much imagination....

Comment

Originally posted by finifly
                            .....The fly comes from my engineering discipline: aerospace. ....
                            I'd rather fly than eat.

Unfortunately, I stopped flying 25 years ago, but I haven't stopped eating.
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Not very creative - mine's simply a shortening of cammo2006 (2006 being the year I first started toying with Linux).

For someone as young as I am (24) I have quite a history with computers. I've used (and briefly owned) an Amiga, a 386, a Cyrix based machine, a Pentium 3, A P4, a Pentium D, and in the current day, a Core 2 Quad (courtesy of a stimulus package here earlier in the year. ).

I've learnt alot about linux in the past year, and am preparing for the final jettison of my Vista install later this week...

Comment

Welcome to the party!
                                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                                X