X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Biting The Hand That Feeds You

@askrieger

Thanks for your thoughts. I was mildly interested when I read this the first time, but much more interested when the router I requested from a friend in the US arrived. He chose one, took it to a meeting in another country and passed it to a friend coming this way and after about three months we received the router and cables, but no CD. I love the quick install instructions too. "Insert the CD and follow the instructions." I presume they mean insert the CD into a computer running Windows or a Mac. The detailed instructions are much better but don't mention Linux. The appendix has the licenses for free software and open source software.

I'm still trying to download the 104MB program that will run on a windows system to get the router to work on my pppoe connection. Any links, howtos or other advice about getting this thing installed with Kubuntu Jaunty?

EDIT: I found that I don't need the CD or the 104MB download. I connected the router to Konqueror at 192.168.1.1 and it gives access to all features, including pppoe config. and wireless including WPA2 using AES so set everything and connected three different computers to it using cable and wireless.

Why go to the trouble of a 104MB program on a CD (and the alternative download) when it is not needed?
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Working...
    X