Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Seigo on the future of KDE 3.5 (January 08)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aaron Seigo on the future of KDE 3.5 (January 08)

Originally posted by blackbelt_jones

Well, I don't have anything more to say
    I'll take THAT bet ...

Comment

Unbelievable that you've (bb_j) kept this thread going. It's beyond making any sense now. This is not about KDE anymore (no one cares anymore about any KDE issue). Seems like it is an obsessive, an O-C thing, in action. Not a criticism per se, just an observation. (An O-C thing is value-neutral.) Sometimes it helps to just stop the activity for some period of time, see how that goes for awhile, see what's going on, see if the need extinguishes.
      Hell, help some of those folks on the forum get their wmv's to play. They'd appreciate the help.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Excuse me? I linked to some information that I deemed relevant to a previous conversation, was immediately accused of trying to destroy KDE4 right out of the box, and have been on the defensive ever since. If I seek to defend myself against personal attacks, I don't think I'm the one who's keeping the thread going. I made my point a page and a half ago, and when i say that I have nothing more to say, I mean about the future of KDE3, but Claydoh and Grey Geek have sought to make this a thread about me, instead of the undesired information. This is pretty much how cults operate, by the way.

So if the thread is about me, well, you're darn-tootin' I have something to say about that. If I'm the topic, this could go on for a while... and I think it's odd that you consider the desire to defend oneself against personal attacks to be obsessive compulsive, and the desire to engage in personal attacks to be perfectly normal.

But you are right about this being just a pissing contest at this point. I have made every point I have to make about this, and I do have other things to do. I walk away... now.

I hope everyone involved has enjoyed this just a little. I have. Best wishes to everyone.

Comment

Every community needs a gadfly, and from where I sit, you are looking more and more like Purina Gadfly Chow. I think that talking about what the Kult Kommander doesn't want to talk about is extremely constructive.
          Every community needs it trolls as well, to keep things interesting. :P

And then you insult a moderator and wonder why people rag on you. I don't think you get it. It's not that we don't agree with some of what you say. IT'S THE WAY YOU SAY IT.

As for the Kult part.....there you go on KDE4......again.

Actually, I like 4 better than I ever did 3. I think it's already better and in 6 more months I expect it to be even far ahead. 3 series of KDE kept us stuck in the Windows 98 era. 4 puts on the same level as Windows 7 and OS X. And BTW, I do know some people who still use Windows 98. Nothing wrong with that, if that is what you prefer. It's not the future, however. KDE 3.5 is not the future either. So live in the past or life in the future....that's the choice we all have to make.

Just my personal opinion here, but I see no redeeming value in this thread. Maybe it would be better to end it's life?

Comment

Seriously, who cares?

I am touched and fascinated by how differently I was received by the KDE forum, where most of my posting took place. The KDE forum is not a cult. They didn't fear my honest frustration . They didn't scan my posts for sinister motives. They just let me struggle until I came out the other end, and for that, they have my deepest gratitude and unending loyalty.

http://forum.kde.org/well-im-good-no...y-t-61692.html

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike
              Unbelievable that you've (bb_j) kept this thread going. It's beyond making any sense now. This is not about KDE anymore (no one cares anymore about any KDE issue). Seems like it is an obsessive, an O-C thing, in action. Not a criticism per se, just an observation. (An O-C thing is value-neutral.) Sometimes it helps to just stop the activity for some period of time, see how that goes for awhile, see what's going on, see if the need extinguishes.
              Hell, help some of those folks on the forum get their wmv's to play. They'd appreciate the help.

You seem like a decent sort. Thanks for the sanity. And for the invitation. I would very much like to be helpful. And I'm currently using Kubuntu -- and I mean the KDE4 Kubuntu-- so maybe I can oblige.

Comment

Originally posted by growled
                Every community needs a gadfly, and from where I sit, you are looking more and more like Purina Gadfly Chow. I think that talking about what the Kult Kommander doesn't want to talk about is extremely constructive.
                Every community needs it trolls as well, to keep things interesting. :P

And then you insult a moderator and wonder why people rag on you. I don't think you get it. It's not that we don't agree with some of what you say. IT'S THE WAY YOU SAY IT.

As for the Kult part.....there you go on KDE4......again.

Actually, I like 4 better than I ever did 3. I think it's already better and in 6 more months I expect it to be even far ahead. 3 series of KDE kept us stuck in the Windows 98 era. 4 puts on the same level as Windows 7 and OS X. And BTW, I do know some people who still use Windows 98. Nothing wrong with that, if that is what you prefer. It's not the future, however. KDE 3.5 is not the future either. So live in the past or life in the future....that's the choice we all have to make.

Here's a fun fact. Turns out we're all living in the present, whether we like it or not.

Here's a sampling from the first two posts in this thread;

blackbelt_jones:
                I used KDE4 quite comfortably for three days this week before going back to KDE3, which I feel allows me to interact more directly with the data. They're both pretty viable at this point, and the KDE team is doing a great job with KDE4.
                And the very next post in the thread:

GreyGeek:
                You rant so often, so consistently negative, that one could easily draw the conclusion that your goal is to seek the destruction of KDE4. Now, who would benefit the most if KDE4 were harmed by your actions and those of similar minds? Linux or Microsoft? Isn't it strange that KDE4's power outshines that of XP, VISTA and it appears, Win7, yet you are doing everything you can to destroy it in the blogs.

Why is that? That's another question I've been asking myself, since googleing you track record on KDE4.
                You're so out of your minds!

When I talk about the cult of KDE4, I'm not talking about the software, which I'm using right now. I'm now a KDE4 user, at least part of the time.I'm not talking about the developers of the software who in my experience have been very patient and receptive to frustrated users. I'm talking about GreyGeek, clearly unable to distinguish between disgreement and treason... and that is classic cult behavior. He's not hearing what I'm saying now (They're doing a great job on KDE4) But he's googling what I said weeks ago taking things I said weeks ago completely out of context and basically acting like a maniac. Apparently I'm here as a troll, based on the evidence of what I have posted elsewhere. People keep telling me to stop criticizing KDE, but I haven't criticized KDE at all at least in the past few days. I'M CRITICIZING YOU CRAZY LUNATICS! and if you can't tell the difference, maybe your identity and KDE are starting to blur a little more than they should.

Comment

[ ... ]
                  But you are right about this being just a pissing contest at this point. I have made every point I have to make about this, and I do have other things to do. I walk away... now.
                  [ .. ]
                  .... ?

*shrug*

Comment

Okay. I guess thats the end of that...
                    The answers are out there...

Comment

Working...
                    X