X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I run iTunes on Linux?

Well, this sort of belongs on software support, but not really. *shrug*

Anyway, I have an iPhone that I want to use on Linux. Right now I have to boot into Windows especially just to sync iTunes with the iPhone, but that is tedious.

Any available workarounds?

Re: Can I run iTunes on Linux?

I think amarok 1.4 at least can sync with an ipod. Don't know if that means it will work with an iphone or not.

Comment

i just read an update on amarok 2.1 and it states that iphones are now detected as ipod touch. so if amarok does not work with your iphone right now the 2.1 release should you can find more or snag the beta from here.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

It might be possible to run iTunes under Wine.
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Instead of trying wine, since you already have a licensed copy of windows (or so I assume from your admitting to having a dual boot), you might try something like VMWare or another virtualization option, so you can run windows, but within the comfort of your kubuntu environment without having to reboot.

Amarok and their iPod support hasn't made me enthusiastic. I've been using gtkpod for my iPod classic and it works for me... but it is missing some of the features that iTunes has. Amarok seems to better make up for these, but I think it's going to be a little bit before version two is mature enough to be trusted to touch my iPod.

Comment

death kitten brings up a good point, i use virtualbox on my computer to play w/ other oses but i noticed that the version of v.box in the repos didn't have usb support. so i had to download the other version from there web site. (don't worry its a .deb for 32 or 64 bit)
            there download page is here -> http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads

Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
            X