Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following tech advice on the matter, I got chrome to work under wine.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following tech advice on the matter, I got chrome to work under wine.

So yeah, I had to add the repositories from winehq to get the newest dev version, but it worked. The advice came from a blog entry from 'Make Tech Easier.' Here is a screenie: Click Here

Edit: fix spelling in subject.

Re: Following tech advice on the matter, I got chrome to work under wine.

Well, now that I've played with it... It's sluggish and a resource hog. I'll stick with konqueror thank you.

Otherwise, the design is simple and streamlined. There are many limitations to user control of the interface. I'm sure the browser will mature, but I'm happy with my current software habits.

Comment

I do like using chrome on my winbox, which is only used with BBLean! It fit's in nicely with the theme and I only have the box for gaming... >_> Running XP With a 3.2GHz AMD Duel core 64bit, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2, Sound Blaster PCI-X Xi-Fi Titanium, and a 22'' Widescreen LCD! BWAHAHAHAHA!
      Compaq Presario c727us, 120GB  HDD, 2GB DDR2, 1.6GHz, fully working sound, wifi, proprietary buttons, and on board mouse with Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 4.1

Comment

Nice rig. Kubuntu would scream better on that system. I wish I could afford your setup.

Originally posted by trikinomitry101
        I do like using chrome on my winbox, which is only used with BBLean! It fit's in nicely with the theme and I only have the box for gaming... >_> Running XP With a 3.2GHz AMD Duel core 64bit, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2, Sound Blaster PCI-X Xi-Fi Titanium, and a 22'' Widescreen LCD! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Kubuntu runs great on my laptop, which is my day to day computer. I have compiz fusion running without any problems and I can still duel boot back to vista to show everyone just how slow winblows is!

Compaq Presario c727us, 120GB HDD, 2GB DDR2, 1.6GHz, fully working sound, wifi, proprietary buttons, and on board mouse with Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 4.1
          Compaq Presario c727us, 120GB  HDD, 2GB DDR2, 1.6GHz, fully working sound, wifi, proprietary buttons, and on board mouse with Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 4.1

Comment

Working...
          X