X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phishing on the Kubuntu forums :(

I recieved this as a private message from a member of the forums here:

You have just been sent a personal message by musa2008 on Kubuntu Forums.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Dearest one,
    Please, I know this mail will come to you as a suprise since we haven't discusse it before, but kindly bear with me at this moment. I have a special reason why I decided to contact you. My situation at hand is miserable but I trust in God and hope you will be of my help. My name is Musa Ibrahim Bare Mainassara 19 years old boy from Republic of Niger the son of Late General Ibrahim Bare Mainassara the former President of the Republic of Niger who was ambushed and killed by dissident soldiers at the military airport in the capital, Niamey with his driver and a former Prefect. You can see more detail about my late father here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2463927.stm

I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment which I am receiving from my step mother and uncle's. They planned to take away all my late father's treasury and properties from me since the unexpected death of my beloved Father. Meanwhile I wanted to travel to Europe, but she hide away my diplomatic passport and other valuable documents. Luckily she did not discover where I kept my father's File which contained important documents. I am presently in hide out in Cote d' Ivoire.

I am seeking for longterm relationship and investment assistance. My father of blessed memory deposited the sum of US$15.5 Million in a local bank in Abidjan, Cote d' Ivoire with my name as the next of kin. I had contacted the Bank to claim the deposit but the Branch Manager told me that being a refugee that my status does not permit and according to the local law and the egreement between my late father and the bank does not authorize me to carry out the operation. However, he advised me to provide a trustee who will stand on my behalf. I can not present my step mother or uncle's about this deposit because I am affraid that she will not offer me anything after the release of the money.

Therefore, I decide to seek for your help in transferring the money into your bank account and to relocate to your country and settle down with you. I have every documents of this deposit which I will send to you as soon as you indicated your interest to assist me.
    I have also decided to compensate you with 15% of the total money for your assistance and the balance shall be for investment in any profitable venture which you will recommend to me, as i have no any idea about foreign investment.

Please all communications should be through email only for confidential purposes.

Thanking you alot in anticipation of your quick response. I will send you my telephone number in my next email.

Reply to my private e-mail: mainassaramusa@yahoo.fr

Yours Sincerely
    Musa Mainassara

Reply to this Personal Message here: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...;quote;u=29251

You need to ban this person they are phishing on your fourms

Re: Phishing on the Kubuntu forums

I saw the same message in my gmail, I just deleted it.
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Re: Phishing on the Kubuntu forums

Did you find a way to forward the scam attempt to a moderator? That would help. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
      X