X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no subject line ...

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...icleId=9114004

google on "Google Chrome" for more.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Re: no subject line ...

Have you tried it? I personally can't see running apps from the web. First and foremost ISPs are wanting to start "metering" the web again to control bandwidth. Not to mention bandwidth isn't where it should be, at least here in the South East US. I also have a personal dislike of having my personal Docs going across the net. Call me paranoid.

Comment

Re: no subject line ...

Originally posted by MoonRise
      Have you tried it? I personally can't see running apps from the web. First and foremost ISPs are wanting to start "metering" the web again to control bandwidth. Not to mention bandwidth isn't where it should be, at least here in the South East US. I also have a personal dislike of having my personal Docs going across the net. Call me paranoid.
      "We've used components from Apple's WebKit and Mozilla's Firefox, among others - and in that spirit, we are making all of our code open source as well."

Some of that metering is already at only 5 GB for mobile connections... can't seed a distro very long at those rates... I wonder how much impact metering will have on linux...

Comment

Working...
      X