X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debian people

Hi all,

I have to come here every so often to get some fresh air. I also run pure Debian (lenny/sid). That forum has the most dogmatic people I have ever heard. You wouldn't believe how many /experts/ are there.
    I think I may just go Kubuntu 100%. At least the folks here are real people.
    :-)

txWingMan

Re: Debian people

Yes, I know.

I think some of that idealogical stuff is why Mark Shuttleworth ended up creating Ubuntu -- the Debian boys just couldn't grasp the pragmatic needs of typical computer users.

Comment

Well... cut the cord from Debian Proper. Redid all my partitioning and now have Kubuntu as the only OS. Kinda like a cool shower after mowing the lawn here in Texas on an August day.
      txWingMan

Comment

Originally posted by txWingMan
        Well... cut the cord from Debian Proper. Redid all my partitioning and now have Kubuntu as the only OS. Kinda like a cool shower after mowing the lawn here in Texas on an August day.
        At least you have rain!!

Anyway, I have run into that many times at other Distros. Truthfully, I've run into a few at Ubuntu (just a few). It was enough to keep me here though.

Edit: Oh..Yes, Welcome to Kubuntu!!

Comment

Working...
        X