This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope OS fixes Forum Notices soon

I hope that this problem with my forum notices are fixed or can be fixed. I really am having withdrawals here!! That sounds bad I know.

Re: Hope OS fixes Forum Notices soon

Just to test, I clicked on the Notify button for this topic. So we'll see if I get an email notification as a result of this reply.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have three boards marked for notification - Help the New Guy, KDE Support, and Social/Casual Talk. New posts have been made in these since I turned on notification, yet no email notices have been sent. My ISP isn't blocking, and I've received notifications in the past. Hmm. Something isn't right - some where.

Comment

That's the Black List DNS' they share information. The one that got me must be propagating to others. I've relayed that to OS. It's hard to get removed though. That is how your ISP is blocking. They have a program that goes out and checks these BlackLists and then denies the e-mail. That way they can claim they aren't the ones Blocking it.

Comment

Just emailed my ISP and asked them directly if they are using/availing themselves of the Black List DNS and if they are blocking email traffic from this forums IP address. We'll see what they have to say.

Comment

I'm still not receiving anything and I can see where OS has requested to be remove from the one that caught my work e-mail. Must be Blocked from some other DNS. Did a check on a server that checks BlackLists, and this forum came up clean.

This IP has been removed via our web form 1 time. It was last removed 2008-08-03 18:00:00. It was last tested 0000-00-00 00:00:00.

EDIT: Take that back. Here is another testing site.
            Attached Files

Comment

Checked the forum's IP address on http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx and of 123 know blacklists, 120 report OK and three timed out (not on line?). So, at least from their site, this forum isn't being blacklisted for email. Hmmm.

Checking the domain at http://www.dnsbl.org/ shows that kubuntuforums.net is not in the DNS-bl. Further hmmmm.

Wow!! Just got three forum notification emails!! Who did what? THANKS!

Comment

I didn't receive anything!

Comment

At least one of the email notifications was your reply #5 posted just a few minutes ago!!

Comment

Well, my work e-mail at least allowed it though. I'll leave it on that for a while. AT&T must be using some other BlackList that is keeping it tied up there.

Comment

I've rec'd six notifications from this Forum in the last few minutes! Someone has obviously gotten something fixed/resolved.

Comment

I've received mine through my work e-mail, not any of my AT&T or YaHoo accounts. They obviously have something else blocking it that they won't change.

Comment

I've been rec'ing Forum notifications like crazy over the last 36 hours. Sorry to hear that you are not (at your home account). It's really sad that ATT and/or Yahoo won't acknowledge that they are blocking, or subscribing to a service that does it for them, their customers email.

Comment

It is sad indeed. I'll give it a while this way and see what it does when I change back.

Comment

Just to rub it in.

I receive my notices om gmail :P
                              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                              4 GB Ram
                              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                              X