Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu Forums running on a Microsoft Server?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Forums running on a Microsoft Server?

hmmm, I thought it would more than likely be running on apache.hmmmm

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...Mozilla-search
    I don't care
    0%
    WHAT $%$#$%$
    0%
    screw u
    0%
    now i know why the server is slow at times
    0%
    whatever
    0%
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Re: Kubuntu Forums running on a Microsoft Server?

This thread will most likely (and unfortunately) start a flame war. That's unfortunate, and unnecessary.

Our host (OS) is spending his own money - he doesn't solicit donations - to maintain this site. It's his choice alone as to who he chooses to host with. If the hosting service runs M$ servers, so what?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      This thread will most likely (and unfortunately) start a flame war. That's unfortunate, and unnecessary.

Our host (OS) is spending his own money - he doesn't solicit donations - to maintain this site. It his choice alone as to who he chooses to host with. If the hosting service runs M$ servers, so what?
      I agree.

Comment

I concur with Snowhog and Moon -- however OS is getting it done, I'm supporting him! You go, OS!

Comment

I would say that if we're going to complain about what server the forum is run on, we should step up and contribute money for the hosting, but that leaves us with the potential problem of once we donate the money and get the hosting switched over, people will forget about it and won't donate again. Then OS will be left with a new hosting package that might even cost more, and having to pay for it himself again.

While the linux servers are better, a lot of companies charge more for them. I'm not sure if this is just because the companies think that it's more expensive to run, or if they think they can get away with charging top dollar simply because the demand is less driven by cost and more driven by "I don't want to use microsoft". Either way, while I would like it better if the hosting was *nix driven (my domain is hosted such), I will have to throw my lot behind everyone else who is saying that it doesn't matter because OS is being awesome enough to do this for us out of pocket.

That said, I did vote for "now I know why the server is slow" in the poll, simply because it seemed the most amusing answer. ^_^

Comment

Fight fire with fire... just kidding :P

It turns out Windows XP is my tiny subnets gateway. So to get here -> linux - windows - linux - cloud - windows - forum on linux.

It's all good man... just ate cereal with ice cream topping - need beer!
            - kubuntu 11.10 | linux User #231826 | kubuntu user #23718<br />- x58/ich10r | i7-950 | 3@2GB 1600 3x channel | geforce gt240 1GB [19&quot; 16:10, 19&quot; 4:3] | 120GB ssd / 500GB / 1TB / dvd+-rw [sata ahci] | 600W wrapped in aluminum

Comment

Working...
            X