This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny news headline

I was looking through some local news headlines and came across one I thought was kinda' funny (not the topic):
    A 20 year old Augusta man dies in a drowning accident tonight at Clark's Hill Lake.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Funny news headline

It is slightly crap English. However, 'drowning' is sometimes taken to mean the filling of the lungs with fluid, not necessarily death therefrom.

Or are you trying to point out that it's in the present tense instead of the past?
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Re: Funny news headline

Or are you trying to point out that it's in the present tense instead of the past?
      Yes indeed. I don't think the subject is funny, just the way the journalist worded it.
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
      X