This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to the Kubuntu development team

Greetings from Guelph. I was not sure where to post this as it is not a problem or question, but just a note to say thank you to the Kubuntu development team for the work done on Hardy Heron. I am running the KDE 3.5 version on a Dell P111 866 MHZ desktop with 512MB of RAM and it runs so smooooothly! I appreciated the way Kubuntu HH automatically set up my Samsung Laser printer during the HD install without me having to do anything! I am also impressed that AppArmor is now installed and enabled by default.
    I used Feisty and Gutsy in the past but with Hardy, it seems they have kicked Kubuntu up several notches, the KDE desktop seems more smoothly integrated now.
    Now I understand why Scott Granneman, Linux guru and author of Linux books such as Hacking Knoppix and The Linux Phrasebook uses Kubuntu on his own system, it is Debian, already an incredible OS, enhanced and evolved further.
    Great work folks, and thank you.
    (P.S., I will migrate to KDE 4 when it is a little more stable, a little chicken right now!)
    Kubuntu Netbook 10.04 on Asus EeePC 701, Lubuntu 10.04 and OpenSuse 11.3 on USB sticks,  Ubuntu 10.04 and WinXP on desktop.
Working...
X