This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed up application startup time by 50-150ms

I just read this blog on Planet KDE and thought it was worth sharing. All you need to do is create a directory called ~/.compose-cache and open an application with any sort of a text input widget (I just restarted Akregator as that's what I was using). That's it!!! There should now be a file in that directory with a large String name and your Qt/KDE/GTK apps should open 50-150ms faster! I think it's pretty cool 8)
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Speed up application startup time by 50-150ms

50-150ms - milliseconds

That equates to a speed increase of between fifty and one-hundered-and-fifty-thousandths of a second. We're talking just over a tenth of a second - at best. :P
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Indeed; I still think it's cool though
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

And just imagine what you can do with that extra 'tenth of a second.' Why, you could blink your eye one more time!!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

kool thanks
          Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Working...
          X