This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Certification?

I know a guy who's getting his Linux certification for Red Hat.
    Since I'm into Kubuntu (a descendant of Debian), I thought it would be better to get certified for Debian.

Does anyone know how to go about doing this?
    I live in the Seattle metro area (Washington, United States).

Re: Linux Certification?

Hi there

I am new to linux been wanting to try and go for Linux+ in 6 months or so. I have been picking up some material here and there but seems most of it focuses on Fedora. Started on Feisty struggled hard then Gutsy was sweet, Hardy took a week or two but now I really like it. Fired up Fedora 9 first time the other day Wowzers different but starting to like.

Any how can you get certs in each distro?

Spokane WA

Comment

Most of these things can be done from home with no more than a trip somewhere to take an exam, if that.

The Linux Professional Institute seems to be a fairly distro neutral way to get certified. There's also CompTIA. At least one member of this forum (Ant2ne) has gone the compTIA route. You could send him a personal message to get his impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by HELMA
        Guys,
        Here's the info I was discussing in IRC tonight:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li...AGX03&S_CMP=LP

This is the free training materials for the Linux Professional Institute (LPI for short) certifications. I'm taking the LPI-101 test tomorrow morning, and hope to take the LPI-102 to complete my LPIC-1 certification within a few weeks.

The one thing you won't find there is the necessary materials for the LPI-199 test for Ubuntu Certified Professional. I bought a book on that off of eBay for $28. I'll have my UCP by the first of October if I can help it.

If anyone has any questions, please hit me up.
        Any wqhay you can fix the link?
        # make install --not-war

Comment

I suspect not. There are 1011 references there to "Linux Professional Institute" So, I suggest that you go to IBM Developer Works and search for what you're looking for or just go to LPI.

Comment

Working...
          X