This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live cd issue

I am a newbie to linux and all the ubuntu flavors. I recently downloaded the ISO's for a CD-boot test drive - unbuntu, kubuntu, and xubuntu. I wanted to test drive on 3 computers. Works on 2 of them, but the loader hangs on the 3rd. This machine has an Intel G965 motherboard +2GHz and a Radeon PCIExpress dual output video card.

I can only think the video card is causing the hang. The boot results are the loader status bar stops at about the 10% point once the "night rider" bar stops and turns into moving left to right only.

So far on the other machines, I am sold on changing everything in my house to an Ubuntu flavor, but would really like to see it on the 3rd (newest) machine before i do that.

Any help is appreciated. And remember I am a noob. repackaging the ISO may not be the easier thing for you to walk me thru.

Re: live cd issue

At the bottom of the Live CD menu is F4 "modes" and F6 "options". Probably the answer is first to change to "safe graphics" in F4. If that alone does not work, you may need to disable some or all of the power management features in F6.

Comment

thanks. will give that a try

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        At the bottom of the Live CD menu is F4 "modes" and F6 "options". Probably the answer is first to change to "safe graphics" in F4. If that alone does not work, you may need to disable some or all of the power management features in F6.
        sorry i misunderstood your reply. the system won't boot to the point where F4 or F6 is an option. i can remove the video card and just use the onboard video port. i am fairly certain that will let me test drive this machine.

Comment

Working...
        X