This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Hardy Kubuntu is Terrible!

I was also here to defend, I think this distro is fantastic.

I tried various distros (Elive, Suse, Sabayon, Mandriva) in an attempt to drop M$ Windows but none of them felt right, worked properly and lacked the imagination to pull me in, Kubuntu however I just cant praise enough. I have now dropped the M$ system and will honestly never go back to it, infact one of the guys I work with has now also switched to Kubuntu and again he loves it too.

Everything worked perfectly on my laptop with exception to my wireless card which took all of five minutes to get working. Install & fully configure one hour, with about another 20 Min's customising. How long does it take on M$ Windows!!!!

I did try KDE4 admittedly very, very briefly (which didn't run particularly well) but I cant help but think (wrongly or rightly - please dint flame me here) it is ever so slightly Vista-ish? Or is Vista ever so slightly KDE4-ish?
    I think part of Kabuntu's charm is not only it's ease of use but also it's existing KDE interface.

It has been a long time since an operating system has really got me excited, Kubuntu not only achieved this but makes constantly want to learn all I can about the OS and Linux.

Comment

Re: This Hardy Kubuntu is Terrible!

Originally posted by smirnoff76
      I did try KDE4 admittedly very, very briefly (which didn't run particularly well) but I cant help but think (wrongly or rightly - please dint flame me here) it is ever so slightly Vista-ish? Or is Vista ever so slightly KDE4-ish?
      I don't think that's an inaccurate observation at all. The release of KDE1 roughly coincided with the release of Windows 98. The release of KDE2 roughly coincided with the release of Windows Me/2000. The release of KDE3 definitely coincided with the release of Windows XP. Now KDE4 has been released just over a year after Vista. Still, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. There's really nothing wrong with Vista's overall design and look. It's the hardware incompatibility and big brother aspect that is really turning people off.

Comment

Working...
      X