Windoze 2000
    0%
    Windoze ME
    0%
    Windoze XP
    0%
    Windoze Vista
    0%
    LINUX. IT'S SO EASY, EVEN A PENGUIN CAN DO IT.

Re: Windoze

XP, its the best of those options that will work with KDE on Windows :P

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana
      XP, its the best of those options that will work with KDE on Windows :P
      Agreed.

Comment

You forgot the "I'll slit my wrists first" option.
        I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

...how about the "whichever will allow me to download and burn a *buntu install the quickest"? In other words, whatever is on hand, quickest to install, and will get me online long enough to get an install disc to fix the problem.

That said, the flavor of the poison doesn't matter to me when I'm using a computer that is not mine. I make use of it as best as I can, get firefox and pidgin installed if the person who owns the machine doesn't object, and muddle through as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lowey
            You forgot the "I'll slit my wrists first" option.
            oops
            LINUX. IT&#39;S SO EASY, EVEN A PENGUIN CAN DO IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Kitten

"whichever will allow me to download and burn a *buntu install the quickest"?
              That's the one for me!

Seriously, I have a special-purpose application "The Master Genealogist" that only exists for Windows, and there's nothing remotely approaching its quality for Linux, soooo ....

Tried Wine -- no go. TMG uses MS Visual FoxPro in ways that Wine can't do. I run VMWare Player 2.02, with a Win XP virtual machine, and take care of my hobby that way. Works great -- I benchmarked it at 95% the speed of native Win XP on the same (very fast) hardware, so that's good enough for me.

Comment

Besides the slitting wrist option for forgot windoze 3.11 the first and only stable product from redmond
                HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                4 GB Ram
                Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

windoze 3.11? I've never herd of that. Then again, i'm not well versed in Widoze. No reason to be, it sucks like &#38;#$!

Comment

Looks like XP is wining by a landslide...... not surprised. Vista stinks even more than XP*

*I don't know if this is physically possible. If someone could please necromanticly revive Einstein, maybe he could figure it out. Possibly.

Comment

I actually like Vista. It does what I need it to. It has a nice interface. Useful interface enhancements. whether or not it is Apple's "Spotlight" does not matter. The fact is, that it is a good addition. That DRM stuff sucks.

I voted Windows 2000. the Windows installation I fell in love with... I'm sorry, but Windows XP is atrocious. No amount of theming that I have done, has covered the ghastly cartoonish appearance of XP.

Originally posted by Fintan
                      Besides the slitting wrist option for forgot windoze 3.11 the first and only stable product from redmond
                      Windows 3.11, Stable!!! I am rolling on the floor laughing...

It was more stable than Windows 95 (horror!), but I wouldn't call it stable,... then again, most of my Windows nightmares involve Windows 95.
                      The answers are out there...

Comment

Most of my Windows nightmares revolve around ME, now that truly sucked! I'm also sorry to say I have to put Vista very close to that.

Comment

Windows 3.11! Yes it was pretty good, once you learned how to edit pif and ini files, and got your dial-up modem to work by resolving IRQ conflicts manually, and manually configured your winsock settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
                            ...... and manually configured your winsock settings.
                            That was a pain sure enough!

Comment

XP I guess, it's the one I've used most. Have heard many bad things about Vista but only got my hands on it once or twice; in any case it probably wouldn't run on my old machines.
                              As for which ones I actually have: I have a retail copy of '98, and OEM license for 98 (I think...it might be ME :shudder on an old laptop, and OEM license for XP on a newer (but currently broken and in bits) laptop. None of these are currently installed, not even as virtual machines.
                              I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
                              X