X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love this community

I LOVE this linux community!

The people on forums know what they are doing. And they are so nice and willing to help.

When I'm on a Windows forum and have a question, all i hear is "stupid noob" or nobody knows what i'm talking about.

No matter what I ask on linux forums, I get great responses, i never feel stupid, and i never have to worry about being judge)

another awesome thing is that i take a Linux/programming class and i've met GREAT people.

Re: Gotta love this community

Yep, that is how I viewed it when I switched from Windows and GNome. This forum is what made the difference and in turn I try to give back the same help that was given me.

Comment

I try to do the same, and i appreciate you and all the many others that do that

Comment

Yes,

this community is what it's all about.
        Awhile ago I tried to ask something at some WinForum but there was a big notice saying : If your question is stupid, don't ask!
        Since I didn't know what they perceive as stupid I didn't ask, I didn't want to upset the almighty windows gods...
        so I switched to Kubuntu.
        You guys are great and very understanding.
        I recommend Kubuntu to anyone I know, specially because of this forum.
        Result: three new Kubuntu users in one month.

Hopefully I can give something back to this community one day
        I break it, therefore I learn it.<br />

Comment

Ditto,

This place is great. Heck if I do ask a question that has been asked a thousand times I don't get "Hey stupid look it up" I get a link to the information I need. The "vets" around here are great in the help they offer newbies. Heck I have read where newbie get distro fever trying anything out there. I have loaded one other distro, ran it for 2 hours and dumped it. And haven't looked at any others. I really like the look/feel of Kubuntu. And I look forward to the day I'm able to give back on the level that has so willingly given to me.

Thanks again for all the help I have gotten,

James

Comment

Moonrise

I like your registration logos for Linux and Kubuntu how do I get them?

Antkin
            Network of two Dell Optiplex dual boot Pentium 4s, Linux user since 1999 Very Happy with Kubuntu and Mandriva. Three other native&nbsp; computers. Computers in my blood since 1975.<br /><br />A Perkin Web Design and computer hardware engineer

Comment

Smart454

Yes I agree with you Linux forums do not distance the newbie. When I was on the Mandriva forum I asked a question and the results were all to be done in a terminal window. Yikes I thought is that dangerous. The poster of the reply took me step by step through it.

I do have many posts on the Kubuntu forum, far more than I ever did with Mandriva which I used for three years. I downloaded Kubuntu in October 2007 and found the forums very helpful to get started quickly. I have since written a guide to dual booting and posted it on the help the new guy forum.

I am a big fan of the helpful Kubuntu forums. You can grow with kubuntu with no expensive windows programs to buy.

Antkin

Network of two Dell Optiplex dual boot Pentium 4s, Linux user since 1999 Very Happy with Kubuntu and Mandriva. Three other native&nbsp; computers. Computers in my blood since 1975.<br /><br />A Perkin Web Design and computer hardware engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Antkin
                Moonrise

I like your registration logos for Linux and Kubuntu how do I get them?

Antkin
                First go here --> http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3091666.0
                There is post there by Death Kitten. Her Sig banner has two counters both w/links to the Linux Counter and
                the *buntu counter. Register there. The Linux counter will actually create the Counter Logo.

For the Kubuntu one, I used the graphic from here --> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu
                which that logo has changed from the one I have. You can also go here
                https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuArtw...ight=%28Art%29

After you get the Logo you like, just simply open it in GIMP and add the text to it which will be your
                *buntu counter number.

Hope this helps!

Edit:
                Or you can simply right click on mine and save the image.

Comment

Working...
                X