This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4

I'm thinking about upgrading when I get a chance but, find limited information on how to install it. Being very new at Linux/UNIX I'm wondering is there a command I type in in the Konsole or apt-get?

Re: KDE4

read the instructions here:
    http://kubuntu.org/
    kubuntu kde4 packages are still messy, so be prepared that things may not work

Comment

You just need to install kde4 from adept, the download is about 255MB. There is a bug, what only one, that means you have to reset your root password using Konsole and the passwd command.

Comment

That's not true, and I the issue with kdesudo has been fixed in today's updates
        Until you update (not sure if the fix has reached Gutsy's repositories), you can use the Run Command dialog to run apps needing admin privileges, such as
        Code:
        kdesudo adept_manager
        You can do this from a right-click on the dektop, or via Alt-F2 keystroke

It is only recommended for advanced users to enable the root account in *buntu

Comment

What's not true, this is how I loaded KDE4. I had to reset the password before I could get into Adept, if that bug is now fixed then I stand corrected.

Comment

its not true that you needed to reset the root password, as running the command the way I mentioned above (and originally here)

Comment

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Comment

Working...
              X