This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu team needs more crunchers

World Community Grid runs Boinc projects and their Kubuntu team is looking out for more members to join.

If you can donate your spare processing power it would be very welcome.

Here are examples of the projects we run:-

Help Conquer Cancer (Launched November 6, 2007)
    The Ontario Cancer Institute (OCI), Princess Margaret Hospital and University Health Network have teamed with World Community Grid to improve the results of protein X-ray crystallography in order to increase understanding of cancer and its treatment.

Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together
    (Launched August 21, 2007)
    Scientists from The University of Texas Medical Branch and the University of Chicago have joined with World Community Grid researchers to combat some of the most widespread viral diseases in the developed and developing world. The project's immediate goal is to uncover novel drugs to cure dengue hemorrhagic fever, hepatitis C, West Nile encephalitis, and Yellow fever; these diseases result from infection with viruses from the family Flaviviridae.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp
    Network of two Dell Optiplex dual boot Pentium 4s, Linux user since 1999 Very Happy with Kubuntu and Mandriva. Three other native&nbsp; computers. Computers in my blood since 1975.<br /><br />A Perkin Web Design and computer hardware engineer

Re: Kubuntu team needs more crunchers

Would love to join your group.
    I am new to Kubuntu. I recently downloaded 7.10 for PC. Have been doing BOINC for awhile.
    I have the BOINC client running on 2 somewhat older machines right now, I installed kubuntu in my "good" machine and now can not get boinc going.
    Now if I could just get BOINC to open up I would be happy to join up with you all.
    I have boinc installed but Adept says under Requested "no change".
    Any thoughts on what to do next to get this thing going?
    After doing Full Upgrade and Apply, still nothing.
    HELP!
    Thanks, M

Comment

Great to hear from you, thanks for your offer.

Lets see if I can help.

Did you install Boinc manager and Boinc client?

There is also an issue with the Xserver update yesterday.

See my posts on gutsy, software, programs do not start

Antkin
      Network of two Dell Optiplex dual boot Pentium 4s, Linux user since 1999 Very Happy with Kubuntu and Mandriva. Three other native&nbsp; computers. Computers in my blood since 1975.<br /><br />A Perkin Web Design and computer hardware engineer

Comment

Promote Your Team
        Encourage your friends and colleagues to help your team!
        If they already participate in the World Community Grid, then copy and paste the web address below and send it to them in an email. All they need to do to join your team is click on the web address and then click on the join now button on the page that appears.
        If they have not yet joined World Community Grid, then let them know that they will first need to download the agent and register with the World Community Grid by going to http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org. Once they have completed the download and registration process, they can click on the web address below and join your team.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...Id=R1JQLRNHWR1

Comment

Hi Antkin, Thanks for the reply.
          This is what is installed and Requested with "no change".
          boinc-app-seti
          boinc-client
          boinc-dbg
          boinc-dev
          boinc-manager
          busybox
          kboincspy
          kboincspy-dev
          So after this is installed with no full upgrade and apply available.
          Actually, most everything that adept has downloaded shows not installed and the few packages that show installed also say no change.
          It looks to me like nothing is actually opened up?

Comment

It sounds like a adept software problem please post on software forum and get help from the more serious guys. I only started with Kubuntu in November 2007 and have found them quite helpful.

Antkin

Comment

O. K. Thanks. M

Comment

Working...
              X