• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu on OSGeex

Hi there,

In July 2007 I wrote this article on my blog:

http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2007/07/a...s-kubuntu.html

Kubuntu became the winner of a personal distro contest in 2007 as a result of my dissatisfaction of the Microvell deal.

My quest for an alternative to openSUSE was not of because of technical reasons, but a political choice. Like many previous openSUSE users, I feel Novell has betrayed the FLOSS community.

I'm using Kubuntu since then as my main distribution and my conclusion is, that it's suitable for both geeks and Joe user, especially since the release of Gutsy Gibbon.

In the end of the article I write, that I despised Kubuntu in the past. Actually that's a pretty strong word. But I've actually had some issues with Kubuntu 6.10 and I was somewhat confused about the blocked root account.

All those problems have been solved in more recent versions and in the meantime I understood why the root account is blocked and with the average user in mind, I think it's a great solution.

Please forgive me my lame English, since I'm not a native English speaker and never officially learned English. It sort of just came falling from the sky, since I love to read loads of documentation and in the past I used my mother's dictionaries. Currently I rely to the in line spell checker of Mozilla Firefox

Re: Kubuntu on OSGeex

Originally posted by ml2mst
    Please forgive me my lame English, since I'm not a native English speaker and never officially learned English.
    Not to worry, as many of us 'English born' don't seem to have learned it either!
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Originally posted by ml2mst
      Please forgive me my lame English, since I'm not a native English speaker and never officially learned English.
      Not to worry, as many of us 'English born' don't seem to have learned it either!
      What a killer

Comment

Visited your blog. Very nice!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X