Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD space a problem? How's a terabyte HD for your laptop sound?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD space a problem? How's a terabyte HD for your laptop sound?

2009 is not too far away. By the time new notebooks are shipping with the TB drives, applications will be demanding the storage space. I'm waiting to see if the SDD as available in some of the ASUS Eee's and other machines now, increase in capacity, lower in power consumption, increase in performance cycles and become cheaper, then they will take over in notebooks as the memory storage devices.
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

damn...1TB...i can so use that! I have 1.25tb's between all of my systems atm and i am 75% full.

I have 40 gigs on my kubuntu laptop...that is NOWHERE near enuogh...i mean hell. i have 28 gigs of music alone!

Comment

hey just watch out, i have had very bad experences with hatichi drives, fixing a laptop now that is less then 1 year old with a hatichi disk failing smart (and it only has about 30-40 hours of "on" time)
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

For my desktop (to wander a little OT), I've put over a year of daily use on one of these;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136150

with no sign of any issues. I'm gonna get a new one to go with it, in March, and format it ext4, to install Kubuntu 9.04 Beta on.

Comment

Working...
          X