This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fesity/Gutsy 'Post Your Desktop' Thread

Show us what you've done with your desktop! Would love to see your customization

This is my Gutsy Desktop at present, not played with it much yet, still think Beryl is better than compiz fusion at the moment...

http://aycu19.webshots.com/image/28498/2004672760776091859_rs.jpg"][/url]

http://aycu24.webshots.com/image/30423/2004463840355799484_rs.jpg"][/url]

These are the most recent shots I took of my Feisty Desktop (please excuse the poor quality, was using jpg capture):

Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: The Fesity/Gutsy 'Post Your Desktop' Thread

That's a beauty -- thanks!

I was more comfortable and proficient with Beryl -- there's a post of "Bill in a Beryl Box" in the Image Gallery above, from a few months ago. I agree, Compiz is still a little shaky and I'm have some challenges figuring parts of it out. Give me a while, and maybe I'll come up with something worth posting again ...

Comment

Dude, your desktop's awesome!!! I'm working on mine and if it gets to a level anywhere near yours, I'll post it
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Couldn't see any pictures on the first post here. Did a 'quote' to ask why no pics and saw two url's for the pictures but when I cut and pasted the url's into my browser the connection was reset. I'm in China, so it's probably a Chinese firewall issue - I haven't been able to see my flickr pictures for months - but any ideas why your links should be banned?
        I'm only here so often because I'm too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Comment

Interesting. No, there's nothing morally reprehensible posted on this site (or else I haven't found it yet ). They must just be blocking graphical content on a widespread basis.

Comment

hi, as I am running kubuntu on a compaq presario 1200 from good old window98se days, I dare say that my desktop is not exactly as good as the previous poster's photos but if I could somehow post the sound from the inbuilt speakers, I wonder who has a better laptop sound than I do

joking apart, those are great photos(thanks for posting then) and kubuntu rocks,
            every day is a gift

Comment

OK, as I stated before, I would post some pix when I was ready; before I do, however, I need to know how to insert them into the body of my post.
              Asus G1S-X3:
              Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

"A picture is worth a thousand words, so ..."

The simplest way to learn/understand how it's done, is to look at how it was done by someone else. If you look Nooblett's post below, and click on the Quote button you can see the html code that was used.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Alrighty-then, thanks for the tip. Though they're not as good as yours, here you go:

Asus G1S-X3:

Comment

Wow -- good stuff! And here I am dorking around recording records ...

Comment

Ok, I know you will just think that flea is testing that Pictiger.com site because it takes bng pictures without one needing to convert them first into jpeg or tif, anyway here is the site and here is the test picture below

http://www.pictiger.com/

real sorry this is not my compaq persario 1200, but my other computer, a dell inspiron 2650 which isn't yet a classic laptop in my view
                      every day is a gift

Comment

Originally posted by integr8e
                        Nice one like the dark sceme you have there!

heres a few more of my tinkering:

[img width=400 height=160]http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/7a94e6333c.png[/img]

will post more once I have Gutsy running stable again
                        Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

Working...
                        X