This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from New Orleans

I am just saying Hello! I just installed this distro and I love it, the updater is great and I have not found anything negative although I have not worked with *nix in a good while so I am back to newbie status..

I work for the City of New Orleans - specifically I would not prefer to mention my primary title and job but I also have recently been appointed DHS Liaison to my department. We are rebuilding yet I am not too convinced about the final outcome.

One thing I am noticing is that there's a lot of traffic starting to build up, no parking anywhere yet there is NOTHING OPEN!

My wife and myself remained for the storm, fought looters, fought for our lives, and did what we had to do. I have a lot of pictures and a personal site I turned into a soapbox for my rants if interested. One of my side gigs is helping a contractor proir to the storm and post Katrina get the WiFi security camera systems up and going - lots of fun

i appreciate the help I am receiving here, I have been out of the nix world for a while, stuck with Windows and under gate's foot - i am attempting to get out..

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding the BS the media is putting out.

Re: Greetings from New Orleans

Welcome and N'joy your stay here
    cheers!
    -=|From the desk of|=-
    «•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
    «•´¨*•.¸¸whoiam55.¸¸.•*¨`•»
    «•´`•.(¸.•´(¸.•* *•.¸)`•.¸).•´`•»
    Reg. Linux User # 400637

Comment

Working...
    X