This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howto: Leave Ubuntu

I read this "How To" and I thought it made some good points. Since we occasionally get newbies who would benefit from considering these things before they post their "OMG!! Linux is teh sux0rs!!1!11" rants to our lovely forum here, I thought I'd share.

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/08...-leave-ubuntu/

Re: Howto: Leave Ubuntu

Comment

Wow -- great find, D.K.!

Comment

nice find but I think we should also admit that linux itself was much harder before so the new linux user had to wade through command lines without that distro's forum nor any gui, ah but those days are almost gone(wifi remains the last hurdle) these days he has us(well more you because I can't remember any of the commands lines, no wait I remember fd -h from yesterday)

every day is a gift

Comment

Originally posted by Death Kitten
          ...newbies who would benefit from considering these things before they post their "OMG!! Linux is teh sux0rs!!1!11" rants to our lovely forum here, I thought I'd share.
          These people deserve to rot in hell till kingdom come.

Nice find DK

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster
            Originally posted by Death Kitten
            ...newbies who would benefit from considering these things before they post their "OMG!! Linux is teh sux0rs!!1!11" rants to our lovely forum here, I thought I'd share.
            These people deserve to rot in hell till kingdom come.

Nice find DK
            I live in a country that claims to support free speech. Despite their best efforts to re-educate me, I still believe that free speech means people can say whatever they want, instead of just whatever they want as long as it supports the current dictatorship. So the people who want to post their "OMG!! Linux is teh sux0rs!!1!11" rants are welcome to, the only point of the How To, I think, is to allow them to post it in such a way they're not going to get told to rot in hell for being a moron, and instead might benefit from their free speech by getting educated.

However, that said, you're welcome to wish them an infinite amount of hell rotting, as long as you think your karma can hold up to all the expended negative energy.

I can't say that I'm always perfect at thinking about these guidelines myself, but I do believe that freedom of speech comes with a responsibility and a willingness to own up to your words and actions. I also feel that the government should not rig the system to make the consequences of using this freedom too great to make it worth using.

Yeah, I'll stop the political ranting. Sorry, I just thought it was relevant.

Comment

The more I read these kinds of articles and posts, the more I find the linux community a turnoff and the more I consider giving up trying to learn Linux.

Comment

Don't give in to what is almost always the 'vocal minority.' By my own experience in the forum, there have been FAR MORE members who have been polite, considerate, and helpful than not. Don't let one (or even a few) negative responses turn you off on your venture with Linux. The good folks are out there.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Maybe they are just louder then?

Comment

In a word, yes. Consider the department store. You can, in the larger ones, find (what used to be called) the Complaint Desk. Every see a Compliment Desk?

It is in the nature of man, to find it easier to complain (attack) than to praise (help?). But that isn't to say that complainers outnumber helpers. This forum has, as I've stated, a lot of good people who are willing to provide the assistance they can to those seeking help.

I hope that you will persist with this forum.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

When I first started in Linux I to thought of giving up....
                      But didn't want to have to go Back to the DARKSIDE..
                      I to was told I couldn't Learn Linux.
                      Big mistake on their part though...

I REFUSE to let the $#^%*&(^ Win....

And here I am today a little over 3 years Later, and Have been Windblows free for 2 years now...

Don't give up on Linux it's Worth the Fight...

If for no other reason then to PROVE them Wrong.... 8)

Comment

Working...
                      X