This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone using older computer than mine?

I am talking about my daily computer, not some test machine, do I win a prize then because it is a compaq presario 1200(ex windows98se) with 6gb and 256ram, why/because, the sound that comes from these old laptops is much better than the new ones meaning that I don't need to add external speakers to listen to music or watch streams, plus if it dies on me well I have lost nothing, in fact I get the feeling that those old laptops were built much more robustly than all these modern types, but then I wonder if I am the only one happily using an old computer like this?
    every day is a gift

Re: anyone using older computer than mine?

im using an old HP from 1999. two hard drives. one is 40GB and runs Xubuntu and one is 6GB and runs Kubuntu.(pretty soon im gonna pu kubuntu on the xubu HDD cause xubuntu messed up.) 512MB RAM.

Comment

Geez, I think maybe I have 386XS up in a box in the attic if you guys are desperate for pain .....

Comment

thanks diblb but no, I really love my bedside laptop. it is like having one of those old telephones one sees in black and white movies where one holds the ear-bit in one hand and talks into the other, I bought it for 150 swiss francs and from day one it has never had a problem and since running kubuntu on it I often forget it has an opperating system too. I listen to the radio on it(sound is great), I appreciate the screen saver clock and if I could figure out an alarm clock function I might use it for that too.

Anyway, glad to see that I am not the only one then
        every day is a gift

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          Geez, I think maybe I have 386XS up in a box in the attic if you guys are desperate for pain .....

I have my first mobo in storage... It had a 8086 chip that ran at 12.5mhz! It has the expanded memory so it has a full 640k... And an MFN (6mb, I think) drive, which I later used to beat a mountain cougar that looked at me funny...

Comment

Working...
          X