This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decompile.

Yeah, I did not know where to put this. It's not kubuntu or nix related.

Anyrate. I need some suggestions, and where else to look than the 'relaxed' board.

I am wondering if there is a way to decompile a C++ WinDOS executable back into editable source?

Scenario.
    There is a program that was written by an individual, it's not copy protected, and the world has his permission to jack with it, so there is no 'legal' boggles. However, he has abandoned the project; moved/died who knows, and the source went with him. The .exe is freely available, and as stated up for grabs.

Does anyone know how to do such a thing? I am NOT a programmer/cracker or anything, so I am not even sure what utilities fly in those circles. Maybe I could do it in nix? The utility does not matter, just as long as it will decompile to a usable/readable format other than hex, accept changed, and recompile.

Thanks a ton for the help, Kubuntu forums have always been good to me, and I try to return that.

-cheers-
    Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Re: Decompile.

I have only seen "disassemblers" which will output an assembly file...
    Getting back to c++ code is more difficult, and I've never actually seen a program that does this. There would probably have to be a different one for each compiler out there...

Comment

Re: Decompile.

That is the thought line I had. In case you wonder, it's a guitar game for WinDO$, nothing earth shattering.

I figured there'd be a ton of compilers out there. All of them swearing to be the best. LOL

I will pass this along.

Thanks for the reply.
      Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Comment

Working...
      X