This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My windoze game works better with Cedega in Kubuntu

Subject heading says it all. I used to play Masters of Orion II on my windows system, all the way from 98 to XP. Worked fine but some things seemed sluggish even on my rather nice laptop. I installed this game through Cedega in Kubuntu and it worked right off with no tweaking and the sluggishness I noticed with Win was gone. Was purely lightning quick with no odd quirks or anything, love it!

Re: My windoze game works better with Cedega in Kubuntu

any link please, I am looking for a game to play on kubuntu
    every day is a gift

Comment

Sorry this game is a commercial product. It is a turn based strategy game...sort of. Look up some info, Microprose made it back when. Can prolly find a torrent somewhere or otherwise can find it on Amazon.com for cheap. Cedega is a wonderfull program, much better than Wine for games anyway, but it too costs something. Lemme know if you have any other questions though. I'll add a link to Cedega and a link to the MOO2 site if it still exists. MOO2 official site does not exist but the gamespot page below should be enough for information sake. You may find this game for free download from somewhere since it is older, dunno though. This may work in wine too have not tried it though.

Cedega:
      http://www.transgaming.com/ (Note: Once downloaded the first time there is no need to continue in the subscription unless you want the ocassional updated.)

MOO2:
      http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/masteroforion2baa/

Comment

thanks, I am looking over those links now.
        every day is a gift

Comment

Working...
        X