Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightscribe and buntu et al equal happy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightscribe and buntu et al equal happy?

Back in Feb, I contacted LightScribe because I was interested in their products, and they claimed their software to go with their hardware was available for Linux. Their definition of available for Linux was .rpm packages. This would have been fine and dandy if I'd still been using Mandrake (I split them about the time they became Mandriva, ug) or if I was running another distro using Red Hat's packaging system. However, I'd been a happy kubuntu user for a while by that point, and I didn't feel that I should have to change distros in order to try out a product that I had no experience with yet, I was just curious about.

I sent them an email asking what was up, and why they didn't have anything that worked with my kubuntu system. They sent a prompt reply saying that they were working on something, but they hadn't debugged anything other than the .rpm packages yet. At the time, I figured this was the end of it until I came up with the money to spend on a DVD burner, then I'd check their website again to see if they'd made progress.

Fast Forward to today, and I received an unexpected email from LightScribe asking me if I'd like to beta test the debian-based system packages. I don't have any of their hardware yet, otherwise I'd jump right into testing the packages myself. However, I thought some of you here at the forums might be interested in this bit of news. ^_^
    Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 08, 2019, 05:50 PM.
Working...
X