This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to counter.li.org?

So, after seeing multiple members on this forum listing "registered linux user #", or a graphic with the same information on it, in their forum signature, I sent a message to one of them, and asked where one registers. I had already registered at the ubuntu counter (the graphic is in my signature), so I wanted to sign up for that one too. I was told that it was counter.li.org, but they'd been down the last couple weeks.

Does anyone know what happened to them? I've tried googling a bit, and all I could find were people asking this same question at other forums, and people replying with things like "I don't know" or "Well, I didn't get anything back when I pinged them". Anyone know what happened?

Re: What happened to counter.li.org?

The site is still down. If you're really anxious to know, you could send an email to: harald@alvestrand.no or even a snail mail to: Harald Alvestrand; Linux Counter Project; Weidemanns vei 27; Trondheim No 7043 ; Norway. As far as I know he IS the linux-counter project single-handed. The registration is still active, so there may be a technical glitch.

Comment

Well, I finally got something when I tried to visit the site just now. There's a short note saying there's a hardware problem, it "should be easy to fix" really wasn't, and they're hoping to be back up by the 25th. Hooray for answers at least, too bad they're having troubles.

Just thought I'd update in case anyone else was curious.

Comment

I hope I remember to update my listing on the 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
          I hope I remember to update my listing on the 25th.
          Is it still annual? My listing's probably lapsed if so.
          Victoria concordia crescit<br />ओ पालन्हारे ... तुम्रे बिन हम्र कौनोन नहीं

Comment

Linux Counter is backup and running
            Registered Linux User #418555<br />Kubuntu User #9254<br /><br />aptosid 2010-01 Xfce / aptosid 2010-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Wheezy Xfce / Kubuntu 10.04<br />aptosid 2011-01 Xfce / aptosid 2011-01 KDE-Lite<br />Debian Testing Gnome<br />Debian Sid Gnome<br />Epidemic 3.2<br />ALL pulseaudio free by default

Comment

I just registered, and I think I even got the machine-update script set up, however I don't think I actually have a mail server installed, so I don't know if it's actually going to send anything. I'll check on it later, and see if it works or not.

Now I think because of last.fm being so horrible and bloated, I might not have room left in my forum signature, so I might have to ditch the recent track things to advertise my user number. *shrugs* I'll play with it, last.fm seems to be problematic on updating that info anyways.

Comment

I made a "blog button" graphic for my user number, because the one that counter.li.org offers is bigger than suits my needs, what do you guys think?

I'll share my template if anyone else wants to use it. I made it using the Silkscreen font at size 9, #0000ff blue.

Also, should I offer the template to the project? And does anyone know how I'd go about doing that if I wanted to do it?

Comment

Working...
                X