This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this be acceptable?

Would it be acceptable for me to download packages and put them on a CD, and redistribute them, kind of like repositories on a CD. I won't be making any money, or putting any restrictions, just a straight ISO download, and onto the CD.

For example: I make a "Developer Repositories on a CD" CD, including free-javasdk, build essential, make, gcc, and all that fun stuff. Would I be allowed to do this and redistribute it on the internet, and through friends?

Also, this is complete off topic but I don't want to start a new thread: What is the command line code for going into network settings and enabline/disabling eth0?
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Re: Would this be acceptable?

It would be acceptable.

I think the commands are ifup and ifdown see `ifup --help` and `ifdown --help`

EDIT: If you want to make it public: poke Riddell on #kubuntu

Comment

yes, ifup works, and thanks for the response

Oh, spoke too soon. I'm having troubles downloadng packages. I already have them installed, but I want all the packages I'm going to put on the CD to be in one folder. So, when I do sudo apt-get -d install make it tells me that I have it. I know the I have it, but I want to download it, and make it be in the /var/cache/apt/archives directory so I can just take all the files in that dir and put them on a CD.

here's the output of sudo apt-get -d install make
      Code:
      Nirvana@localhost:~$ sudo apt-get -d install make
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree... Done
      make is already the newest version.
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
      I want to get by the installed v. of make and just download make. If I don't put install in my command I get:
      Code:
      Nirvana@localhost:~$ sudo apt-get -d make
      E: Invalid operation make
      EDIT: Wow, I should have troubleshooted before posting. The proper syntax is apt-get -d build-dep make, where make is the package name, and maybe I will have a talk with Ridell about making it public.
      <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvana
        and maybe I will have a talk with Ridell about making it public.
        He's being away recently (so be prepared to wait- unless he's there of course)

Comment

Working...
        X