X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu first time

Hello everyone,

I'm Marcelo from Brazil, and this is my first time using Kubuntu and posting in this forum. I'm very happy with this O.S., and i was using opensuse for about two years and i decided to know other linux distro. I know i'll have problems, but i count on you to learn and who knows teach something someday.

See ya!

Re: Kubuntu first time

Hi

Welcome to the forum

Antkin
    Network of two Dell Optiplex dual boot Pentium 4s, Linux user since 1999 Very Happy with Kubuntu and Mandriva. Three other native&nbsp; computers. Computers in my blood since 1975.<br /><br />A Perkin Web Design and computer hardware engineer

Comment

Welcome Marcelo.

OS

Comment

Good to have you here Marcelo!
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Welcome Marcelo!

Comment

Hello and Welcome.

Comment

welcome, plenty to learn.
              [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

hey man, welcome to the new world order.
                --<br />

Comment

Cheers form Guelph Ontario. Welcome Marcelo!
                  I started using Linux in January 2006 with Knoppix. In August 2006 I took Windows off my desktop and installed Linux, specifically Kanotix. I have tried other distros since and I find Kubuntu very friendly to use and this forum is very helpful. I now use Hardy Heron 8.04 with the KDE 3.5 desktop and it rocks! I think you have made a good choice.
                  Cheers!
                  Kubuntu Netbook 10.04 on Asus EeePC 701, Lubuntu 10.04 and OpenSuse 11.3 on USB sticks,&nbsp; Ubuntu 10.04 and WinXP on desktop.

Comment

After being on Ubuntu since Feisty Fawn (7.04), Gutsy Gibbon (7.10), Hardy Heron (8.04) and then moving back to Gutsy Gibbon because of preferences, I have moved over to Kubuntu to try and get used to how the system works here. I'm no slouch having been on Suse Linux 6.3; 8.3 and 10.3, I've also used Debian, Red Hat and Mandrake - but much prefer Ubuntu/Kubuntu! With moving to Feisty Fawn, I felt safe enough to dispose of M/soft altogether and go over to Linux wholly. I've never looked back though i've had some moments when life on the net has been challenging when the kernel had a panic attack ! On the Ubuntu forums I'm known as terabyte1. I live in the UK and would like to make some friends here - from whatever country or whatever. Many Greets! terabyte
                    Terabyte<br /><br />Non sibi sed omnibus (Not for oneself, but for all)

Comment

Welcome to one of the most helpful places you can go when it comes to Kubuntu, Marcelo.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but it&#39;s the second mouse who always gets the cheese.

Comment

Thanks Marcello. Well as an addendum, I moved up to 8.04 Kubuntu and had no problems at all. I've been learning slowly the differences between Gnome and KDE - and what a difference! I'm now looking forward to upgrading to 8.10 Kubuntu - Yes I know its KDE4.1 and there's no chance of going back to 3.5 easily, and I intend to stick with it - as its a hot version of Ubuntu!

Thanks for being there for me - I may be old but I've not lost my nous just yet!
                        Terabyte<br /><br />Non sibi sed omnibus (Not for oneself, but for all)

Comment

Working...
                        X