No announcement yet.

After upgrade from 24.04 to 24.10 unable to install global themes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] After upgrade from 24.04 to 24.10 unable to install global themes

Hi all,

As mentioned in title, after upgraded my Kubuntu from 24.04 version to 24.10 i'm unable to install global themes through system settings.

Here a screen of my issue:

If someone know why and how to resolve it thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kensama; Yesterday, 02:33 AM.

Translation (from French):
    An error has occurred.
    Failed to install /tmp/bfawYl-Nordic-darker.tar-20240831002851.xz: Unable to install dependency: << kns://colorschemes.knsrc/api.kde-look.org/1629062 >>​
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Translation (from French):
      Thanks I forgot to translate this

Comment

So, have you tried installing the missing component separately or manually as I described on the KDE forum?
        The issue is most likely the poor quality software that runs the KDE store (pling)? It is an issue off and on for quite a long time now, and is not specific to any one distro.

IF the issue is with Kubuntu and its Plasma 6.1.x, you might not see a remedy until Kubuntu 25.10, unless there is a backport for Plasma 6.2 for 24.10 once Kubuntu begin working on 25.10 and its newer plasma version(s).or a fix can be found that works with Plasma 6.1. Again assuming that there is an issue with Plasma and not the crappy, janky, unreliable KDE store website that stores all these third party addons.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          So, have you tried installing the missing component separately or manually as I described on the KDE forum?
          The issue is most likely the poor quality software that runs the KDE store (pling)? It is an issue off and on for quite a long time now, and is not specific to any one distro.

IF the issue is with Kubuntu and its Plasma 6.1.x, you might not see a remedy until Kubuntu 25.10, unless there is a backport for Plasma 6.2 for 24.10 once Kubuntu begin working on 25.10 and its newer plasma version(s).or a fix can be found that works with Plasma 6.1. Again assuming that there is an issue with Plasma and not the crappy, janky, unreliable KDE store website that stores all these third party addons.
          Yep individually all works, but if i choose a global theme it don't and the same for SDDM.
          Ii need to go to search the plasma 6 version file of the login theme for SDDM and install it to have it functional

Comment

Originally posted by kensama View Post
            Yep individually all works, but if i choose a global theme it don't
            Yes the website can't handle the multiple requests for multiple files very well, at least that is my theory. This wasn't much of an issue before Global themes existed (2017).

Comment

Working...
            X