Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 24.04 to 24.10 Upgrade: module "org.kde.plasma.components" 2.0 not installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 24.04 to 24.10 Upgrade: module "org.kde.plasma.components" 2.0 not installed

Upon upgrading to 24.10 from 24.04.1, I receive the error
    file:///home/archibald/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/main.qml:14:1: module "org.kde.plasma.components" version 2.0 is not installed
    when signing in to my desktop. My desktop doesn't show anything apart from that error and many of the buttons on the dock are missing. I noticed this might be due to a theme issue, so I tried switching between Breeze and the default Kubuntu theme, but received the same error in both.
    Last edited by archibald-sassafrassalad; Oct 10, 2024, 04:50 PM. Reason: I added in the full error

Never mind, this is an error with my configuration.

Comment

Hello, I got the same error, but at different place - I upgraded from 24.04 to 24.10 (thus Plasma 5 to Plasma 6), and when I install new plasma widget, I got exactly that error:
      Code:
      ~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/com.github.zren.commandoutput/contents/ui/main.qml:5:1: module "org.kde.plasma.components" version 2.0 is not installed
      I tried to uninstall the widget, then remove the dir in plasmoids, then install again, but still getting the same error.
      Can anyone help please?

Comment

Are you sure you installed the plasma6 version of the applet: https://store.kde.org/p/2136636/ (probably not)

Comment

Yes, I installed v14 (for the plasma 6). I even tried it both ways - install using local file and install directly from the widget menu.
          (There was version for plasma 5 just after the update from 24.04 to 24.10, and there was an error saying it is a widget for older unknown version of plasma. So I uninstalled it and installed version for Plasma 6. Since then I have the error described above.)

Comment

I don't know what widget would be creating the directory ~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/ , the name doesn't make sense for user-installed widgets. I suggest (re)moving that to some other location temporarily and seeing if that clears things up.

Possible source:
            https://discuss.kde.org/t/updated-to...appenned/12037
            Last edited by claydoh; Yesterday, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeDef View Post
              Yes, I installed v14 (for the plasma 6). I even tried it both ways - install using local file and install directly from the widget menu.
              (There was version for plasma 5 just after the update from 24.04 to 24.10, and there was an error saying it is a widget for older unknown version of plasma. So I uninstalled it and installed version for Plasma 6. Since then I have the error described above.)
              Can you post the contents of the file ~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/com.github.zren.commandoutput/contents/ui/main.qml (only the 'import' rows should be enough)

Code:
              import QtQuick
              import QtQuick.Layouts

import org.kde.kirigami as Kirigami
              import org.kde.plasma.plasmoid
              import org.kde.plasma.core as PlasmaCore
              import org.kde.plasma.components as PlasmaComponent
              import org.kde.plasma.plasma5support as Plasma5Support
              These imports work fine on my end (I'm on Neon, though), the ​org.kde.plasma.components import loads version 3.0 (which is installed), not version 2.0 that your import's try to load (judging by the error message)

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                I suggest (re)moving that to some other location temporarily and seeing if that clears things up.
                This doesn't work for me, as I mentioned above.

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                Can you post the contents of the file ~/.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/com.github.zren.commandoutput/contents/ui/main.qml (only the 'import' rows should be enough)
                Here it is:
                Code:
                import QtQuick
                import QtQuick.Layouts

import org.kde.kirigami as Kirigami
                import org.kde.plasma.plasmoid
                import org.kde.plasma.core as PlasmaCore
                import org.kde.plasma.components as PlasmaComponent
                import org.kde.plasma.plasma5support as Plasma5Support​
                It looks exactly the same as yours.

Comment

Working...