Is it me or all the global themes do not works on this release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or all the global themes do not works on this release

I gave 24.10 a try on an older PC and one thing I noticed, is that none of the downloadable global themes (plasma 6) seems to work on this release. Confirm also on a Virtualbox machine too. Amusing, they all work fine in Manjaro KDE plasma 6.

A crap ton of Global Themes marked as "Plasma 6" by their creator or assembler don't work for me anywhere.
    1. Sometimes it is the very flaky Pling website being janky
    2. Sometimes is that one of the individual components that the Global Theme wants to install has moved, or no longer exists.
    3. Sometimes the person who put together the list of theme components is just lying.
    4. They almost never provide actual instruction for how they achieved that specific look and layout, which may need some manual adjustments.
    There is no formal way of vetting things there other than user reviews, and you are at the mercy of whomever assembled the list (that's all a global theme is, mostly), and often they never update or fix any issues some may have. Or forget to mention some part that is needed (kvantum for example).

Comment

Yes, you are mostly right. That's why I am going to stay with the LTS versions. 24.10 is just for testing only.

Comment

Heck a ton of stuff doesn't work in Plasma 5.27, fwiw

I use a number of plasma 5 Styles in plasma 6 just fine, as well. Mostly it's SDDM themes that need to be updated by their creators to work in Plasma 6.

I don't do full Plasma Theme as most people have sucky ideas and style sense So I start with a Plasma Style and go from there.

Comment

Working...
        X