Can no longer install Midori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can no longer install Midori?

EDIT: I downloaded the tar.bz2 version, and it works perfectly.

Just upgraded to 24.04.1, and when I tried installing Midori browser I get some unmet dependencies that apparently cannot be installed?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Midori-fail.png Views:	28 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	682147

I can install the snap or flatpak versions, but they're sorely outdated. The only way to get the latest version is from the Midori website, but it won't install.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Joel64; Sep 03, 2024, 12:19 PM.

Where is the package from?
    A Deb needs to be built for a specific distro release in most cases, especially if it has specific dependencies

The error tells you what it needs, giving you three choices to try.
    If what you downloaded is for Debian, it might not install in Ubuntu 24.04.

Download the 64 bit tar.bz2
    I'll take a guess that this is like the tar files for Firefox - standalone recompiled binaries that don't need to be installed.
    Last edited by claydoh; Sep 16, 2024, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Where is the package from?
      Straight from the Midori website, a .deb file that I've always been able to install on 22.04.

Download the 64 but tar.bz2
      I'll take a guess that this is like the tar files for Firefox - standalone recompiled binaries that don't need to be installed.
      ​I'll try that.

The error tells you what it needs, giving you three choices to try.
      The error also says those three choices are uninstallable, so....​

Comment

Contact the Maintainer and inquire as to whether a release compatible with Kubuntu 24.04 is planned. Maintainer: Nicolas Longardi <nico@locosporlinux.com.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Joel64 View Post
          Straight from the Midori website, a .deb file that I've always been able to install on 22.04.
          but they only list it as for Debian, which in terms of package versions and naming schemes is closer or analogous to *buntu 22.04

Comment

It seems Midori was removed from the repos. You can get a flatpak version from what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_raider View Post
              It seems Midori was removed from the repos. You can get a flatpak version from what I see.
              Way outdated.

I ended up getting the tar.bz2 version and it works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
              X