Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amarok on Neon not displaying correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Amarok on Neon not displaying correctly.

The error is that the "Context" window displays as a totally separate empty box titled "&Context". I am presuming the '&' is the cause of the problem.

It would seem Amarok works fine on Kubuntu as many have recently welcomed it back, but is this the same with any Neon users.

System is fully updated

Thanks

It works fine for me.
    I suspect that you have the view unlocked, which allows for moving the parts of the UI around and even separate them from the main window.

The "&Context" is a cosmetic sort of bug in this, as it is still a work in progress.

But you can easily reset the UI to stock from the View menu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240727_001200.png
Views:	62
Size:	487.1 KB
ID:	681514

Comment

Thanks Claydoh but I think I'll wait for the next update and maybe try again.

I never used Amarok way back when but it's revival got me interested.

Comment

You can't use the application menu to reset the UI layout?
        An update likely won't fix that, since it is a feature. You could always delete Amarok's config file(s)

Comment

Thansk again Claydoh

Deleted config file which got the three section layout back (and locked) though the central section remains blank.

It's working - nuff said!

Comment

Originally posted by Worzel View Post
            though the central section remains blank.
            You have to add items there as you like. Click the "configure applets" button at the bottom of this panel.

Comment

Thanks Claydoh but my Context panel is totally blank thru both installs.

The recent faulty update wiped out KMyMoney so I hoped that Amarok might also benefit from the corrected one but no luck.

Thanks again

Comment

Strange, I installed Amarok 3.0 from github (the deb file) and it works fine for me. Still fiddling around with it to get a few issues sorted like getting it to search for lyrics, but other than that, I don't see your error show up on my end. Have your removed all configuration files for Amarok in?
                ./var/app/amarok
                Make sure Amarok is closed before deleting that directory. It will be recreated with default settings upon relaunch.
                Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

KDE neon has its own packaging, and the config would be in the normal, standard location ~/.config.

KDE's GitHub mirror doesn't have release files at all, and neither does it's main git instance on gitlab.

And the directory /.var/app/ indicates flatpak, not a Deb file downloaded from some mysterious GitHub page.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                    KDE neon has its own packaging, and the config would be in the normal, standard location ~/.config.

KDE's GitHub mirror doesn't have release files at all, and neither does it's main git instance on gitlab.

And the directory /.var/app/ indicates flatpak, not a Deb file downloaded from some mysterious GitHub page.

LOL, I just double checked and you're right. It was via flatpak I installed it. Not sure where I got that crazy idea from. My humblest apologies for the misdirection.
                    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

Working...
                    X