KDE Connect doesn't recognize my device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Connect doesn't recognize my device

I have used KDE Connect for quite awhile now with a minimum of problems. A couple of days ago, however, I couldn't connect to my Honor Android phone as I usually had been able to do. So I deleted the device from the list with the intention of putting it back on, but now it won't recognize that such a device exists in its world. How can I connect the two devices again? My phone uses Android 12 and my desktop computer uses Kubuntu 24.04. The only thing different now is that I have to uses a login number on my phone which I didn't do earlier. If that's the problem, I don't know how to get rid of the login number either. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure to un-pair on both PC and Android. Even clear the app storage on the phone.

Phone login (or do you mean unlock?) should not make a difference, at least it doesn't for me. You may need to make sure the phone is awake for some things.
    Sometimes, depending on the wifi router being used, you might need to add the PC from the phone via IP address -- Pair New Device >> three-dots>> Add via IP.
    If the router has changed, or even seen a firmware update, you may need to check and adjust port forwarding there (1714-1764 for UDP and TCP), or any firewall you may be using.

Comment

I tried re-installing the app on my phone, I tried the IP address, but neither device recognizes the other. For some reason, it has just stopped working. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X