Oracle Virtual Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMware-Workstation-Full-16.2.5-20904516.x86_64.bundle

I cannot properly express how grateful I am for your taking this much time for me.

Comment

Don You are welcome. I do what I can and am able to do to help here in KFN.

I just emailed you another Google Drive link to the latest version of the OVF tool.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I got the new link, but also got the same error message. I think it may be Kenny Rogers time: you got to know when to fold 'em. As I see it, I have two realistic choices at this point: (1) use VB and build a new Windows 10 VM, later copying my backed up data into it, or (2) roll my box back to 22.04, where Workstation Pro 16 works, and wait for further developments with 24.04 (and VMware?). The second sounds easier.

It seems that I just can't get the syntax correct for VMware's conversion tool (and originally I thought it was the vdmk file that got converted, but now I understand it's the .vmx file. I tried with that, and ovftool tool slightly longer to tell me to go to hell.

Comment

Don Look at this YouTube video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FncNpZGnVUc He says you can convert from within VMWare directly.

Comment

Yes, but VMware won't run on 24.04. If it would run, I wouldn't need to convert to VB. (Perhaps I'm missing what you are trying to tell me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
              (Perhaps I'm missing what you are trying to tell me.)
              No, I’m the dense one today.

Comment

"No, I’m the dense one today."

Uh, if I might borrow from Sheldon Cooper, you're in my spot.

Comment

Working...
                X