Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a bad update, plasma discover will not open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a bad update, plasma discover will not open.

Hey,
    So yesterday, i update to 24.04, the update completely crashed my system then failed to start up after. So i reinstalled 24.04 from fresh, all went well and was using Plasma Discover to download my apps. However after a hour Discover would not start, nor from the terminal.
    I tracked it down to do with snap so i purged it (sudo apt purge plasma-discover-backend-snap) and then it would start but gave me a backend error regarding the alexlarsson​ repo so i ran (sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:alexlarsson/flatpak) and that kinda fixed it, except now in discover im missing the snap backend and if i reinstall it, im back to the beginning with Discover not loading/starting.
    Any ideas/tips??
    Thanks

Welcome.

I don't have any tips regarding your actual Snap/Discover problem, but in the meantime you can manage Snaps (if you really want to or have to use them) from the Konsole terminal emulator.
    Enter snap --help or man snap for usage.

A more common alternative to Snaps are Flatpaks, see How to enable Flatpak in Kubuntu 24.04 LTS.

For Kubuntu 24.04 LTS in general also see Essential and strongly recommended things to do directly after a Kubuntu 24.04 LTS installation.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Thanks..
      Personally i am not overly bothered about not using Snap, just dont like the way its not working as should.

Regarding the Flatpaks, i do not have this option in Discover, under missing backends, only snap Ignore that, i have already installed Flatpak

Comment

Working...
      X