No announcement yet.

Now here be 24.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had some extra time this weekend to attempt to upgrade again. First time in years that an upgrade was so problematic, as previous times it was painless. In the end I just did the upgrade by way of the pop-up notification, as doing it in the terminal took me two failed attempts.

Removed the mozillateam Firefox and Thunderbird packages first. After the upgrade process I added the ppa again and proceeded to install the packages again. This part was fairly simple and I only had to add thunderbird entries to etc/apt/preferences.d/99mozillateamppa file.

Upgrade for some reason removed my wayland session and some other programs like ktorrent. Easy enough to reinstall them after. Shame about Muon not being available, had to fall back with Synaptic. Gamescope is also missing, have to figure out how to get it again.
    Processor: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core @ 4.00GHz (8 Cores,) Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Memory: 32768MB
    Disk: 2000GB ST2000DM001-9YN1 + 1000GB ST31000340AS, Network: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411
    Graphics: ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7850, Audio: C-Media CMI8788, Monitor: S220HQL

Comment

Working...
    X