Upgrade to 24.04, currently using backports in 22.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to 24.04, currently using backports in 22.04

I have added the Kubuntu backports PPA a while ago in 22.04 to get Plasma 5.27. This has worked great but now the upgrade to 24.04 is available. Could the backports repo cause any issue during the upgrade? AFAIK the PPAs are disabled during the upgrade but does it matter that I'm already on Plasma 5.27 while normally 24.04 should upgrade the system to that version?

You should have no issues.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That's good to know, thanks! Not sure yet when I will try the upgrade, probably this weekend. Of course a backup first and if the upgrade fails a clean install is no disaster either.

Comment

Are you/have you been getting the prompt that an Upgrade is available?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, that was my trigger to ask this question.

Comment

Stopped receiving the notification BTW. Maybe that is no coincidence: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2024/09/...upgrades-again . Well then I just wait, not in a hurry to do the upgrade anyway.

Never knew about that file but can confirm Noble is not / no longer in:
            Code:
            /var/lib/update-manager/meta-release-lts​
            Last edited by Euroman; Sep 06, 2024, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Just a heads up: Did the upgrade today and as far as I can tell everything still works. Even better, suspend / sleep works again. This broke somehow in my 22.04 install (maybe a kernel update, it used to work fine) but something in 24.04 made it work again. 11/10 score

Comment

Working...
              X