This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... Linux is as buggy as it was 30 years ago I see

I wanted to give Linux another try. Where I tested Suse Linux about 25-30 years ago, I see nothing has changed and Linux in general is as buggy as it was 30 years ago.

Booted Kubuntu 24.04 from USB stick, just after 10 seconds, the first crash, changing Language from English to German, I got a crash report GUI that something went wrong and if I want to report a bug. Awesome. Reporting also didnt work because the GUI claimed there were no useful information in the crash logs.

Well, lets ignore this """little""" bug, and move on, right?

10 seconds later, chosing the network, I clicked on the drop down and noticed to my surprise, Wifi was already working, and it showed my Wifi networks. Awesome! So I clicked on my Wifi and entered my Wifi password........

And now it is stuck at "connecting..." showing it for 10 seconds or so, then vanishing and reopening and showing again "connecting...." in an infinite loop ..... : - )

Well. Maybe Wifi was not "working" properly during Setup, lets move on, right? Right?

Clicking the X on the top corner to close the "connecting..." Gui.... and nothing is happening. Gui cant be closed : - )

Well..... then maybe try the "minimize" button? Clicking it.... and boom, black screen, no GUI elements anymore on the entire screen. Nothing. Only way to get out of setup pressing power button or ctrl alt del.

Rebooted, tried again. Same issues. Now waiting 10 Minutes, after endless loops of connecting, suddenly the connecting GUI vanishes, but didnt connect. Well. I ignored Wifi/Internet not working and clicked continue. During the partition GUI suddenly randomly the same Wifi connecting GUI popped up out of nowhere and was stuck in it again : - )

Removed USB stick and booted into Windows again. Maybe in 10 years I give it another try. Oh and of course, all GUI elements were as it was 20 years ago unreadble too small for non 1080p monitors because of no DPI scaling during setup. Linux is awesome as a GUI OS : - )

That's funny ...
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Yeah, pretty sure Linux isn't the issue, lol

Please Read Me

Comment

• Snowhog
        Snowhog commented
        Editing a comment
        Removed the user account. Absolutely no point in letting him/her/it stick around.

• claydoh
        claydoh commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope they just copypasta'd my location. I'd hate to have to [strike]run[/strike] hobble around and give 'em my $.03 AUD It is a large state.
    Working...
    X