Upgrade from 23.10 Dual Boot QUestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from 23.10 Dual Boot QUestion

I'm new to the Linux world so not sure how upgrading 23.10 that is dual booting with Win11 will go. Will the upgrade prompt me to only upgrade 23.10 w/out needing to create partitions again or ?
    Thanks for any tips!

Upgrading an existing install (Kubuntu 23.10) is straight forward. There is no disc preparation involved.

I suggest you don't perform the upgrade via the Upgrade Notification in the System Tray. Instead, open a konsole and type: sudo do-release-upgrade -m desktop
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Upgrading an existing install (Kubuntu 23.10) is straight forward. There is no disc preparation involved.

I suggest you don't perform the upgrade via the Upgrade Notification in the System Tray. Instead, open a konsole and type: sudo do-release-upgrade -m desktop
      Ah, that's great! I appreciate the info and will do as you stated.

Comment

I did the upgrade from 23.10 / Windows without too many issues (there were definitely no changes or issues on the Windows side) more on the nvidia driver/ wayland issues on Kubuntu side. Wayland is not supported for 24.04 (but you can try to install it).

Comment

Working...
        X