Making the switch from Ubuntu to Kubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making the switch from Ubuntu to Kubuntu

Hello everyone, brand new to the forum and semi-new to Linux.

I left Windows a few weeks ago, switching to Ubuntu (which I've toyed with now & then over the past 10 years), and heard good things about Kubuntu, so I'm seriously looking at installing it.

My question is:
    Install over Ubuntu or clean install?

Really is a ‘what you want to do’ issue. Myself, and many here (likely) would opt for a clean installation. If you have the drive space, create another partition or two and install to that, keeping Ubuntu. Options. Linux is all about options.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Clean install. Avoids for example possible problems due to old/incompatible user settings or cache files.

And Welcome.
      Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Apr 30, 2024, 01:45 PM.
      Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
      Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
      install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
        Clean install. Avoids for example possible problems due to old/incompatible user settings or cache files.

And Welcome.
        Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X